Relations behaving differently

I need to get a deeply nested collection of models on another one (companies->bidCompanies->rfbs->pricings); bidCompanies is a joint model between companies and rfbs (many to many), and pricings has a one to many relation with rfbs and since we have a collection of rfbs, we have to get as many pricings as rfbs.

Relations method in one of my models:

'bidCompanies' => array(self::HAS_MANY, 'BidCompanies', 'id_companies'), // not doing too much in this case

'rfbs' => [

self::MANY_MANY,

'BidRfbs',

"bidCompanies(id_companies, id_bidRfbs)",

],

'pricings' => [

self::HAS_MANY,

'Bids',

'id_bids',

'through' => 'rfbs',

],

// dummy relation to simplify the example: rfbs2 works with 'through' => 'bidCompanies' too

'bidCompanies2' => [

'BidCompanies',

"id_companies",

],

'rfbs2' => [

'BidRfbs',

"id_bidRfbs",

'through' => 'bidCompanies2',

],

'pricings2' => [

'Bids',

'id_bids',

'through' => 'rfbs2',

],

[color="#9ACD32"]pricings2[/color] works, giving me a collection based on others, like [color="#9ACD32"]rfbs2[/color] and [color="#9ACD32"]bidCompanies2[/color]. But [color="#FF0000"]pricings[/color], even though [color="#FF0000"]rfbs[/color] is an array identical to [color="#9ACD32"]rfbs2[/color], doesn’t work. If I change [color="#FF0000"]pricings[/color] from

'through' => 'rfbs'

to

'through' => 'rfbs2'

it works as expected.

To summarize:

[color="#FF0000"]company->rfbs->pricings[/color] (n-m,n-1): [color="#FF0000"]pricings[/color] is null, even though [color="#FF0000"]rfbs[/color] is correctly populated (actually it is identical to [color="#9ACD32"]rfbs2[/color]).

[color="#9ACD32"]company->bidCompanies2->rfbs2->pricings2[/color] (1-n,n-1,n-1): all collections are correctly populated.

Why does it work when replacing the MANY_MANY relation with two HAS_MANY even though the common intermediate "steps" ([color="#FF0000"]rfbs[/color] and [color="#9ACD32"]rfbs2[/color] collections) are identical?

Thank you in advance.

Nobody?