CheckBoxList

This is nuts. I have searched and guessed. I am out of bullets.

Can anyone please show me how CheckBoxList works?

Form:

<?= $form->field($model, 'notify[]')->checkboxList($model->getNotifyKeys(),  ...WHAT GOES HERE  ) ?>

Here is the list returned by getNotifyKeys:

return [

self::APPROVAL             =>'Approvals',                               

self::ENCODING_READY       =>'Video encoding ready',                    

self::FRIEND_ACCEPT        =>'Friend request accepted',                 

self::PM                   =>'Private message on site',                 

self::NEWSLETTER           =>'Newsletter',                              

self::FORUM_POST           =>'Forum post to subscribed thread',         

self::RECEIPT              =>'Receipt for payment',                     

self::VIDEO_COMMENT        =>'Comment on your video',                   

self::EXPIRY_REMINDER      =>'Membership expiry reminder',              

];

What do I put in the arguments to CheckBoxList to have, say NEWSLETTER already checked?

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc-2.0/yii-helpers-basehtml.html#activeCheckboxList()-detail

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc-2.0/yii-helpers-basehtml.html#checkbox()-detail

A sample. An example. SHOW ME THE CODE !! ;)

Please and thank you.

Preset the value in the field.

see this thread.

ya I saw that thread (which is also found on SO). Didn’t work for me. Perhaps another reading in the morning would make sense.

Meantime I did this on my own using checkboxes and a loop.

Thank you for your time.

This little snippet works for me.

Preselecting ItemId’s 4,7 and 8

<?php $form = ActiveForm::begin(); ?>

<?php

$model = $searchModel;

$items = app\models\Item::find()->all();

$listData = ArrayHelper::map($items, 'ItemId', 'FromLocation');

$model->FromLocation = [4,7,8];

?>

<?= $form->field($model, 'FromLocation')->checkboxlist($listData) ?>

<?php ActiveForm::end(); ?>

In my case the listData and field use the same model.

I think it will work with $someModel->someSelectedItem(s).

Thank you both. I am finding Yii2 to be the most pleasant php framework I have used. Really appreciate the responses, they helped me over my blind spot.