How to differentiate Frontend User and Web Administrators ?

Hello All, how are you ? Hope you’re all doing fine…if anybody would kindly help me out to figure this one, would be very appreciated.

Okay, so the question:

Using UserIdentity extends CUserIdentity, the user with usergroup of "admin" can sign in at the backend. But at the front-end, when someone is signed in at the backend, and I refresh the page at the frontend, it will immediately login the user who logged in at the backend, no matter if I am just a guest who is browsing the web, then I can edit and make anything that supposed to be confidential.

Using a plain php I usually separate the session, but this one ? how to do it using the CUserIdentity ? What I meant is a more yiish way to handle this issue ?

Thank you!

Have you searched the forum? There are related posts. You should declare a prefix for your sessions like:

Yii::app()->user->setStateKeyPrefix('_admin');

This works for me.

cheers,

bettor

Yes, I did! But I didn’t found the thread you mentioned. Could you kindly please give me the full URL of it ? Cause I am still unclear of your explanation…

Thank you!

how have you setup your back-end…as a different module? Are you using different UserIdentity classes for back-end and front-end? Post some more info on your structure…and I might be able to help further

cheers,

b

yes, you’re absolutely right! My backend is just a module, nothing fancy about it.

The structure is like:

WWWRoot

sitename

protected

components

UserIdentity.php

config

main.php

controllers

index

SaveAction.php

IndexController.php

modules

backend

BackendModule.php

So yes, I am using the same UserIdentity for frontend and backend module.

In your BackendModule.php you should have

public function init()

{

Yii::app()->user->setStateKeyPrefix('_admin');

}

this should work. It sets admin prefix for your admin related sessions and thus makes it different than the mainstream user session

cheers,

bettor

Thanks a lot bettor! It worked!

interesting

Works great bettor. I was looking for the same thing, thanks a lot.

By the way shouldn’t it be Yii::app()->user->setStateKeyPrefix(‘admin_’); if it’s a prefex?

(Not that is matters ;) )