The Yii Cookbook is available

The Yii Cookbook is a collection of Yii tutorials, each addressing a specific development task. Everyone with a Yii forum account can participate in creating or editing tutorial pages in the cookbook. Write now to share your knowledge about Yii with other people.

P.S. The Yii cookbook subsystem is written in Yii (this project site except the forum is also written in Yii). It took me about three hours in total, including design and coding. This is another example showing how efficient Yii is. It not only runs efficiently, but also helps you develop your applications efficiently.

Cheers!

This is really cool, Qiang!!

Nice! I plan on contributing.  It would be nice if it could be tied into the site's search function too.

Ps. hopefully CakePHP devs won't criticize you for using the same name that they used (cookbook)

Yes, will add searching soon.

I don’t think cookbook is a name coined by CakePHP. Prado has a cookbook long time ago: http://www.pradosoft…tegory:Cookbook

Symfony also has a cookbook.

Ps. hopefully CakePHP devs won't criticize you for using the same name that they used (cookbook)

LOL, then the authors of mom’s cookbook would criticize Qiang too!  ;D

Yii’s “infrastructure” is close to perfect now. What else could a developer need? :)

Thanks, Qiang.

Yes, will add searching soon.

Does it have a delete button? If not, it’d be nice too ;)

I don't think cookbook is a name coined by CakePHP. Prado has a cookbook long time ago: http://www.pradosoft...tegory:Cookbook

Symfony also has a cookbook.

And you’re all open source projects, even if you compete, but I assume it is in good faith. Bad thing if someone patented/trademarked the concept and then… brrrr  :-X

What else could a developer need? :)

A wiki, maybe…  ::)

It seems wiki in a framework site is mostly used as a cookbook base. That's why we name it as cookbook. The spirit of the cookbook is wiki, that is, everyone can participate in editing. This cookbook also has revision feature like a typical wiki.

It seems wiki in a framework site is mostly used as a cookbook base. That's why we name it as cookbook. The spirit of the cookbook is wiki, that is, everyone can participate in editing. This cookbook also has revision feature like a typical wiki.

Indeed. And the rev feature is great too (hadn't seen it). So, it's kind of a wiki too. Thanks!

A wiki, maybe...  ::)

Hmm. To me the "Prado experience" (many forum sections, wiki) shows, that when you have redundant places to keep useful information it can become confusing. I'm not sure, if a Wiki offers so much more than the cookbook as it is now. I'd opt for only a few places where information can be found easily.

So no need for a wiki IMO :)

So no need for a wiki IMO :)

In fact Qiang says the cookbook has revision history, so no need for wiki after all :)

Ah, didn't realize other people used the name cookbook also.  Anyways, this is awesome!

Cookbook can now be searched.

Thanks to Wei, the search expert!

Nice one :)

Hey, maybe you could do multiple cookbooks for different languages or just an option to translate a page. It will be nice!! :D

Thanks for all your Hard Work :D