ajax screen update issue

I have a gridview where I can search for items and delete them if desired. I am running into an issue where after an ajax call doing the search with a screen update, a second ajax call doing the delete and then updating the same screen causes only the data to be output minus the controls (gridview, etc). I know this is probably some collision with multiple jquery loading, but I am new at this and not sure how this is really supposed to be properly handled. Thanks

// first ajax search url call

echo CHtml::htmlButton('<i style="text-align: left; width: 2em" class="glyphicon glyphicon-search"></i> Search',  array(

'onclick'=>'js: $.ajax({

type: "POST",

data: {campus: $("#id_errorCampus").val(), building: $("#id_errorBuilding").val(), room: $("#id_errorRoom").val(),

startDate: $("#id_errorStartTime").val(), endDate: $("#id_errorEndTime").val(),

filter: $("#id_errorFilter").val()},

datatype: "json",

url: "' .$url. '",

success: function(result){

var response = $.parseJSON(result);

$("#error-view").html(response.errorViewData);

}

})',

'id'=>'id_errorSearch',

'class'=>'btn btn-success',

));

public function actionSearchError()

{

$campus = $_POST['campus'];

$building = $_POST['building'];

$room = $_POST['room'];

$startDate = $_POST['startDate'];

$endDate = $_POST['endDate'];

$filter = $_POST['filter'];

$model = new MaintenanceForm();

$gridData['errorColumns'] = $model->buildColumnFormat();

$gridData['campuses'] = Helper::getCampuses("");

$gridData['errorData'] = $model->getErrorData($campus,$building,$room,$startDate,$endDate,$filter);

$gridData['id'] = 'View';

$gridData['mode'] = 'grid';

$result['errorViewData'] = $this->renderPartial('/maintenance/errorview', array('gridData'=>$gridData), true);

echo CJSON::encode($result);

yii::app()->end();

}

// 2nd call from grid button

$columnFormat['Delete'] = array('class'=>'CButtonColumn',

'template'=>'{newdelete}',

'header'=>'Delete',

'headerHtmlOptions'=>array('class'=>'gridclass', 'style'=>'color:white'),

'htmlOptions'=>array('style'=>'text-align:center'),

'buttons'=>array(

'newdelete'=>array(

'visible'=>'$data["role"] == "Administrator"',

'imageUrl'=>'images/delete.png',

'url'=>'yii::app()->createUrl("maintenance/deleteerror", array("data"=>$data["recordID"]))',

'options' => array(

'ajax' => array('type' => 'post',

'url'=>'js:$(this).attr("href")',

'success' => 'js:function(result){

response =  $.parseJSON(result);

$("#error-view").html(response.errorViewData);

}'

)

),

),

),

);

public function actionDeleteError()

{

$id = $_GET['data'];

$model = new MaintenanceForm();

$model->deleteErrorData($id);

$gridData['mode'] = 'grid';

$gridData['errorColumns'] = $model->buildColumnFormat();

$errorParms = yii::app()->session->get('error-params');

$gridData['errorData'] = $model->getErrorData($errorParms['campus'],$errorParms['building'],$errorParms['room'],$errorParms['startDate'],$errorParms['endDate'],$errorParms['filter']);

$result['errorViewData'] = $this->renderPartial('/maintenance/errorview', array('gridData'=>$gridData), true);

echo CJSON::encode($result);

yii::app()->end();

}

Here is nice tutorial about how to do ajax insert,update and delete

Yii ajax form submission

An example of the issue I am seeing is that if I do the ajax update of the gridview through the search action, which works fine, if I then page the gridview, it tries to do the search action again. Why is the last action being repeated??

I have run into some strange behavior on an ajax update of a gridview. If I call a searchaction from an ajax button which does an ajax gridview update with the new array data, that works fine. But if I perform a page selection on the gridview (it is enabled), it calls the searchaction again??? What determines the action called by the gridview on a paging operation??

[color="#006400"]/* Moved from "2.0" to "1.1" and merged to the existing topic */[/color]

I think you can try to let Gii generate the CRUD pages for your target model. I believe the admin page of it already has an ajax functionality that you are trying to implement by yourself.

I mean that you could customize the "advanced search" form, and make your "newdelete" work just like the standard "delete" works.