Hi All,

I have modularized my web app, please see the structure below:

protected

modules

articles

forum

themes

articles

Now is it possible to have a different theme folder for the forum module ? I do not want to use the "default" theme for my forum module. So, is it possible to do something like this ?

protected

modules

articles

forum

themes

articles

forum

bingo

So, what I am trying to achieve is, to store all the themes for the forum module in different theme. I am aware that the CWebModule has the method setLayoutPath(), but it is going to set only the main layout, and not the whole theme.

Could anyone please help ?

Thank you!

Hi, after I’ve played a bit more, I found out that the CWebModule has 2 class properties that can effect the layouts and views folder. They are the: “layoutPath”, and the “viewPath”.

In order to have custom layout and view for the module can be achieved by overriding these 2 properties in the module config file, please see the structure below:

WWWRoot

yoursitename

protected

modules

forum

config

main.php

Within the main.php, write:

<?php

return array (

'layoutPath' => 'path/to/layouts', //defaults to protected/views/layouts

'viewPath' => 'path/to/views' //defaults to protected/views

);

Now your module (in this example "forum") will then get its layout file and views from the location specified in the config file.

So to the end, each module in within Yii Application may have its own layout and their own view. But, if I may suggest, maybe it would be better to add the "theme" as one of the CWebModule class properties. So in the future we can do this:

<?php

return array (

'theme' => 'path/to/theme' 

);

Sincerely,

110% Revolutioner

Mmm I have the same problem… why in themes we cannot just override modules?

like:

/themes/default/modules/user/views/login.php

No need to config anything in modules (which are mostly from 3rd party)

What both of you guys want to do is all possible.

Read the topic about theming in Yii.