fresh basic yii install won't log out

I have installed the yii basic site several times using both composer and the archive files. In all cases, once I have logged in with either admin/admin or demo/demo, it will not let me log back out. I get this error message:

"Method Not Allowed. This url can only handle the following request methods: POST."

I have searched for an hour but cannot find a solution. Surely this has happened to some other idiot who is trying to learn yii. Anybody know what I might be doing wrong or can you point me in the right direction?

Check the accessRules in yourController::behaviours(), there may be a "verb" restriction for POSt

Thanks for the suggestion, flarpy, but I haven’t yet touched the inner workings of yii. This is a fresh install, so there must be something that I did wrong when installing.

I did forget to mention in my first post that I’m using vhosts, so that I don’t have each site in a subfolder of localhost. This has worked with WordPress. It works OK with PHPStorm when setting up projects. So it shouldn’t be a big factor with Yii. The “basic” site seems to work OK except for the logging out.

But there are configuration files that might not take this setup into account. Being really new at Yii, I don’t know where to look or for what just yet.

Sorry to be so stoopid, but I use NoScript in Firefox (I know - I’m paranoid and stoopid) and it was turning off the JavaScript. :wacko: That fixed everything. Now I can get busy and really break things.

This happens with my installation, intermittently, though.

I’m using Yii2 improved basic.

I do not have noscript, but I am using firefox.

get the error:

[error][yii\web\HttpException:405] exception ‘yii\web\MethodNotAllowedHttpException’ with message ‘Method Not Allowed. This url can only handle the following request methods: POST.’ in /home/ernie/htdocs/videowall/_protected/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/filters/VerbFilter.php:105.

Be sure that in your AppAsset you have declared dependency on ‘yii\web\YiiAsset’.

public $depends = [

'yii\web\YiiAsset',

];