installation failed on yii2-app-basic

when I install the yii2 app with basic template with this command:

composer create-project --prefer-dist yiisoft/yii2-app-basic myappname,

it gives exception at the end of installation says:

Script yii\composer\installer::postCreateProject handling the post-create-project-cmd event terminated with an exception

[ErrorException]

Trying to get property of non-object

I tried to google this error message but found nothing. I saw someone has similar msg saying Mcrypt required but it is not my case, my Mcrypt is installed and loaded properly.

when i test the app in localhost/myappname/web, it says error: need cookie validation key blah blah blah, so I just typed in some random strings in config/web.php, and then the web page loaded properly (well, i hope so). But I don’t know if there were any other hidden problem because the error msg didn’t give too much info.

I had the same error msg trying to install yii2-app-basic with 2.0.0, or tried with the dev version. but the error msg appears as long as it is basic.

I tried yii2-app-advanced, and it went through with no error msg at all.

Any one has any clues why it is like that? and is it the “cookie validation key” the only thing that was missing or could there be more? I just wanted to start working on my “manually fixed app” but don’t want to end up with a actually broken one?

Thanks

Yeah! I have it!

But I had the same error msg. I’m this history…

Do you use tips at troubleshooting page of composter site?

I found resolve of my problem here:

h t t p s ://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md