Yii Framework Forum: Deleted yiiAssets and cannot recreate it - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deleted yiiAssets and cannot recreate it

#1 User is offline   ebakunin 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

While trying to fix a caching issue I accidentally deleted the entire yiiAssets directory (/Website/htdocs/yiiAssets). I recreated the directory, gave it all the correct permissions, but I still get the following error on every page:

CAssetManager.basePath "/foo/bar/baz/Website/src/config/../../htdocs/yiiAssets" is invalid. Please make sure the directory exists and is writable by the Web server process.

I'm unsure how to fix the problem. The site runs on Yii 1.1. Thanks for the help.

#2 User is offline   Rohit Suthar 

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • Yii

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

View Postebakunin, on 16 November 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

While trying to fix a caching issue I accidentally deleted the entire yiiAssets directory (/Website/htdocs/yiiAssets). I recreated the directory, gave it all the correct permissions, but I still get the following error on every page:

CAssetManager.basePath "/foo/bar/baz/Website/src/config/../../htdocs/yiiAssets" is invalid. Please make sure the directory exists and is writable by the Web server process.

I'm unsure how to fix the problem. The site runs on Yii 1.1. Thanks for the help.

May be you missing the assets folder in your web root, And if it's there just set the permissions 777 to writable.
Thanks & regards,

ROHIT SUTHAR
Mumbai(India)

Follow me - @rohisuthar

yii.at

If you found your solutions.... Don't hesitate to click on '+1' button

#3 User is offline   oligalma 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

protected/runtime and assets directories must be writable by web server process. If you are using Linux you can chmod 777 these directories

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users