Tutorial: Using Yii2 Improved Application Templates is released !

Hello everyone, tutorial is finally released. Click to learn

What is covered in this tutorial:

• Installation of Improved basic and advanced templates

• Understanding application structure

• New features, how to use them

• RBAC, how to use it

• Advanced template, installation, environments

• Theming

• Running tests

• What next

If you are new to yii2, you have red the guide, you have used default templates a little bit, but you do not know where to go next from there this tutorial will be great for you. But also, if you already have used improved templates, I recommend you to read this tutorial, because I am sure that you will find some useful informations there.

*Theming tutorial for advanced template is expecting that you have version 1.2.0, this update was about changing how to work with themes. You still can use 1.1.1 but this is more how things should work naturally.

See you on freetuts.org !

This is a great tutorial! I’m using your advanced application template and I find it very clear and easy to use. The same can be said about the tutorial. Right now, I’m in the process of integrating the Adminlte template for my backend app and you make it easier for me :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

Thanks, I’m glad that you like it :D

Tutorial has been updated to reflect the changes that were made in version 2.0 release of improved templates.

See you there :D

Tutorial has been updated to reflect the changes that were made in version 2.1.0 release of improved templates.

Cheers :D

Link is not working.

Sorry for that, it’s working now :D

how to integrate adminlte on this one? thanks sorry im new to yii…