Requested Url not found on this server

I’ve just upgraded my Mac, when I go to my projects the opening page loads fine (Minus the debugger toolbar) but all other pages return a 404 The requested URL was not found on this server. Just a blank page, no Yii style errorr. What are generally the errors that cause this. It is occuring with all my Yii2 projects. I have checked the permissions and they are all set at 777 as far as I can see.

I had the same problem when I upgraded to Mavericks a few months ago.

Chances are your web server config has been overwritten, likely things to be ruined:

• Vhost overwritten

• php.ini config file overritten (this would explain the apache error as mod_rewrite is probably no longer enabled)

This shouldn’t happen if you’re using MAMP, but if it has try reinstalling (backup your project files first)

When this happened to me, I opted to install Ubuntu on a virtual machine and do all my programming in there - Benefits are:

• These kind of upgrades dont affect your webserver

• Your development environment is closer to the environment that you’re going to deploy your sites on to

• Much easier to install php extensions and other server tech (you don’t need to bother with the likes of macports)

• You can add linux sysadmin to your list of skills ;)

Good luck, Cheers

Ash

Thanks Ash,

I’d never thought of that. These are the things I have done to try and fix it. Made sure that the mod reqrite module is loaded in Apache2. I uncommented the line.

I’ve also made sure my vhosts is set up for localhost:

<VirtualHost *:80>

ServerName localhost

DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents/

</VirtualHost>

My localhost itself seems to be fine. Just my Yii project

What other things can I do to try and narrow down the problem?

You will need to set AllowOverride. Very likely that is the problem now Heres an example for a Yii app using friendly urls:

<VirtualHost localhost:80>

ServerName localhost

ServerAlias www.localhost

ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV ="development"

<Directory />

DirectoryIndex index.php

AllowOverride All

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I’m not an expert on this stuff, in fact you’re nearing the end of my knowledge on vhosts. But try giving that a whirl.

One last thing actually. Make sure your hosts file is correct so that your web browser knows where to look for your server. On OSX

sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

and make sure this line exists:

127.0.0.1     localhost

Cheers

Ash

Thanks Ash, really appreciate your time here. As I’ve exhausted your knowledge I’ll throw it out to other Mac/Yii Afficianados. Im pretty sure it’s a Mac set up rather than Yii problem. I just downloaded a new Yii. Same problem.

AllowOveride All

Is your Friend :rolleyes:

yep, I strongly recommend you stop using the OSX apache server, it’s only ever going to slow you down.

Thanks,

Do you have any links you’d recommend?