Error On Openshift - 503 Service Unavailable

Hi,

i’m testing out Yii 2.0 on an OpenShift instance but when i upload it i get a 503 service unavailable error. looking in the php log i found the following:

[Sat Aug 16 10:03:38 2014] [error] [client ~ip~] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/web/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/lib:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/libs:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/libraries:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/src:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/vendor:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/vendors:/var/lib/openshift/~instance~/php/phplib/pear/pear/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/lib/openshift/~instance~/app-root/runtime/repo/web/index.php on line 7

- - - [16/Aug/2014:10:03:38 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 500 - "-" "-" 

Not sure how to fix this issue especially since on the local machine its running ok under XAMPP.

Ok - so i was later lead to understand that this error was simply saying that some file was missing and in fact i was missing the entire vendor and assets directories from the git repository.

these directories are set to be ignored in gitignore. Is there a reason for that? should i simply remove this entry so that they start being included?