ORey, on 12 February 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:
I spent an hour trying to figure out what's wrong with my new installation.
Every seo-friendly URL (/site/page) gave me 404. I knew that mod_rewrite is on and .htaccess is correct (copied that from another vhost).
Here's the mistake:
Webroot is right, but AllowOverride is off because of stupid typo, so .htaccess does nothing.
Oh screw that, I need to sleep
In addition to following the guide Using search engine and user friendly URLs
, step by step, don't forget the advice of ORey, that I solved on this way..
Most propably by your localhost apache configuration you need change the available sites
in your host:
In my case, just I have one web page in my localhost and for that one I used:
[b]Require all granted[/b]
: don't forget restarting your apache server.