Views: Including multiple views in one view

I’m really new to this awesome Yii Framework, but got stuck

I developed an application with different MVCs

For example

I created a crud layer for Student Contact details and Student Courses etc.

All worked perfectly since each had its own menu, and when clicked eachs own view rendered.

Now my client wants everything on one page, and is quite persistent, we are talking about 7 MVC that need to be displayed on one page. Each MVC has it’s own controller, model and view and own DB table. How can I render all of them on one page without re-writing the whole application? Is this possible.

This is such a basic expectation for any website. There seems to be a few of us on here who are looking for the right techniques for this. I have a post where I ask about this and document two ways I have found to accomplish this. Another guy posted that he rewrote the render() function to do what he wanted. I’m just trying to find the best way, so I hope someone reads this who really understand the right way to go about it. I used a widget, which holds the business logic and the view, and just called it in the view script. I also created an action separate from my controller which I reference in both controllers. Both of those techniques seem to work, but I want to do it properly.

Yep I agree with you the proper way will always work best, thanks for the link