Add Title For Label In Model

Often you want to give the user info about inputfields, you never no when the user want the information so i want to give the user information via the title attribute on every label.

One way to this is like:

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'extra',array('title'=>'Info to user...')); ?>        

But then you have to write it all over for each label. I would to have the titel attribute like attributeLabels in model. Or even better, have default htmlOptions per column, like:

In model:

public function htmlOptions()

{

return array(

'id' => array('title'=>''),

'extra' => array('title'=>'In this field...'),

);

)

Its possibel to build this logik in the framework but i dont want to change the framworks files.

Any ideas/experience?

yes possible you can create it as a model’s method or separate component. the decision is depending upon u

model’s method? widthout changing in the framwork? how?

write some method in the model like as you posted in the previous post and call that method in your view like this

$model->someMethod()

But the ide is to make no call. The title should be shown even if i dont write any title, or any htmlOptions.

My idea is to extend the form class, eg. CActiveForm, extend this class and override the label and labelEx methods:

class ActiveForm extends CActiveForm

{

public function label($model,$attribute,$htmlOptions=array())

{

if (method_exists($model, 'attributeHtmlOptions')) 

{

$arrHtmlOptions = $model->attributeHtmlOptions();

if (isset($arrHtmlOptions[$attribute]))

$htmlOptions = $arrHtmlOptions[$attribute];

}

return CHtml::activeLabel($model,$attribute,$htmlOptions);

}

}

Then you can write attributeHtmlOptions method in your model like you said in your first post, and in the view you use ActiveForm widget instead of CActiveForm.