Yii 500 Internal Server Error

Hi ,

Recently i was uploading the yii framework project into online shared webhosting server.

The server throw this error message: -

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@osa.minang.com.my and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

so far i check in internet the suggestion given was modify the htaccess and i did modify it.

this is my htaccess file : -

RewriteEngine on

# if a directory or a file exists, use it directly

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# otherwise forward it to index.php

RewriteRule . index.php

RewriteBase /

php_value upload_max_filesize 10M

php_value post_max_size 10M

apache error log

Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

unfortunately im still facing the same issue.

please guide where i am doing the mistake.

remove "php_value" from htaccess. it is either prohibited to override php configuration this way or your webserver configuration is not based on mod_php (php_value works only for mod_php)

There are a couple of folders which you need to give write access, e.g. the runtime folder. Have you done that?

yup finally its working after i removed the php_value n give 755 permissions to allthe files.

In addition i dint notify that the server hosting also got its own .htacces where it was hidden.

i modify the .htaccess such as - Rewrite /.

thanks alot.

@vinoth.mohan when speaking of all the file, are you talking of the content of public_html?