How To Use To_Date() For Oracle

Friends, I am unable to save date and time in oracle. If I take date as datatype it cant save hours and min. and if i take timestamp. it oracle cant save hours more than 12 whereas it it takes hours upto 12. friends please suggest how to go about?

I don’t know if that’s going to resolve your issue, but I found out that I need to set up the default date/time and numbers format after connecting to Oracle by adding the following to the ‘db’ component configuration:

'initSQLs' => array(

"ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT='yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss'",

"ALTER SESSION SET NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = '. '",

),

It’s a shame you can’t disable the thousand separator, because that breaks some number processing.

thank u bro. But I solved it by changing the date format in beforeSave and converting to 12 hour format and and reversed it afterFind. thanks

Hi:

I´m usign Yii2 with oracle db, and in the table, I have a field type DATE that contains the date and time of the INSERT RECORD.

The problem is, when I try to show it in the gridview or detailview widget…

I tried to doit with the use of ‘yii\i18n\Formatter’ in the main configuration, like this

‘formatter’ => [

'class' => 'yii\i18n\Formatter',

'dateFormat' => 'php:d/m/Y',

'datetimeFormat' => 'php:d/m/Y H:i:s',

'timeFormat' => 'php:H:i:s',

'nullDisplay' => '-',

],

and in the index view like this

<?= GridView::widget([

(...)

columns =&gt; [

'dateField:datetime',

(...)

],

])?>

but all I get in the view is “25/06/2017 00:00:00”, I DON’T KNOW WHY ???

when i do the “select to_char(dateField, ‘DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS’) from temp” i get ‘25/06/2017 22:50:20’ and this is what i need to get.

how can i do it rigth.

i need some help

thanks.