Yii Framework Forum: Bosnian Translation (Bs/yii.php) - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bosnian Translation (Bs/yii.php) I don't want to be rude or impolite Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_zlomerovic_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

I don't want to be rude, nor to be impolite, but I will be direct:

Who is the *** who translated the /messages/en/yii.php to Bosnian language?

If anyone knows him, or if he reads, please tell him to contact me.

My name is Zlatan Omerović, zlomerovic at gmail.com is my contact.

I don't like the *** of literal translation of well established English-based programming terms, being translated to Bosnian - very litereally.

Please, do not consider this of SPAM - it's a BIG bug from every serious programmer's perspective.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Maurizio Domba Cerin: 17 November 2013 - 02:44 PM
Reason for edit: removed some bad words

#2 User is offline   Maurizio Domba Cerin 

• Yii - Yesss It Is !!!
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

I will be direct with you too... instead of criticizing why don't you fix that translation and give it for anyone to use (create a pull request on github or post here in the forum)... that would be the spirit of open source and not makig posts like the one above... and that is your first post here.

Btw... where did you find the bosnian translation at all... I don't see it in the framework - https://github.com/y...mework/messages
Find more about me.... btw. Do you know your WAN IP?

#3 Guest_zlomerovic_*

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostMaurizio Domba Cerin, on 17 November 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

I will be direct with you too... instead of criticizing why don't you fix that translation and give it for anyone to use (create a pull request on github or post here in the forum)... that would be the spirit of open source and not makig posts like the one above... and that is your first post here.

Btw... where did you find the bosnian translation at all... I don't see it in the framework

First, susjed, you should be aware that the basic and initial idea of criticism as a tool - is to make people work better in the future - not to downgrade them in any psychological sense.

Secondly, I'm criticizing you too - you should re-learn International Locale codes so you'll be able to notice the freaking "bs" (Bosnian) directory under that branch.

Thirdly, some of us really love Yii and some of us live of it - because of that fact, I don't have time to make any alterations of my own to the Yii. FYI, I'm very open-source-aware, and I'm very confident in OpenSource community as a whole, and I really don't like guys who do bad translation, who don't like criticism and take it as an insult, I really don't like those who write bad code like if it's something that should just work - Code is Poetry.!

(...And who else doesn't hate bad formatting?)

Fourthly, I wasted my precious work time by explaining you this.

#4 User is offline   samdark 

• Having fun
  • Yii

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Noone from the core team knows the language so it should be contribution from community. I guess you know how to fix it so it's probably easier just to do it in form of a pull request since "teaching" isn't productive.
Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook

Enjoying Yii? Star us at github: 1.1 and 2.0.

#5 Guest_zlomerovic_*

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

View Postsamdark, on 17 November 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Noone from the core team knows the language so it should be contribution from community. I guess you know how to fix it so it's probably easier just to do it in form of a pull request since "teaching" isn't productive.

I'm laughing my ass out whilst reading this current translation. Google Translate itself would do a better job.

I just NEED TO KNOW who's the guy who did this crap.

Sorry for the language...

#6 User is offline   Maurizio Domba Cerin 

• Yii - Yesss It Is !!!
  • Yii

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Postzlomerovic, on 17 November 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

...some of us really love Yii and some of us live of it - because of that fact, I don't have time to make any alterations of my own to the Yii

This is a bit ambiguous... you love Yii, you live from Yii but at the same time you don't have time to invest in Yii to make it better ???

Everything done in Yii is made by someone that spent his (free) time to do something for anybody that will like to use it, be that good or bad (like the bs translation)... and the minimum expected by Yii users like you would be to use proper language and not criticize.

Btw. all changes in Yii are tracked on github and before that was on googlecode... so if you just NEED TO KNOW who added or changed any file from the framework you can do a bit of research for that.
Find more about me.... btw. Do you know your WAN IP?

#7 Guest_zlomerovic_*

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostMaurizio Domba Cerin, on 17 November 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

This is a bit ambiguous... you love Yii, you live from Yii but at the same time you don't have time to invest in Yii to make it better ???

Everything done in Yii is made by someone that spent his (free) time to do something for anybody that will like to use it, be that good or bad (like the bs translation)... and the minimum expected by Yii users like you would be to use proper language and not criticize.

Btw. all changes in Yii are tracked on github and before that was on googlecode... so if you just NEED TO KNOW who added or changed any file from the framework you can do a bit of research for that.

I will make my contributions to Yii when I get time to do so. Right now, you are slowing me in both my work and my try to criticize and contribute to Yii.

Now, excuse me. Pozdrav.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users