Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Personal Message Spam Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   agentshark 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

Has anyone got a personal message from divina4ulove2@yahoo.co.uk? Looks like spam or a phishing attempt.

It reads:
Hello ,
sorry for interrupting you as i don't know how you will feel if i tell that i am been attracted by your profile here on this (www.yiiframework.com) site and i will like you to be my very good friend,but i am sorry that i have not upload my picture here because i will not like to be disturb by someone who i don't know and i promise to give you my picture as soon as you contact privately on my email address which is........ divina4ulove2@yahoo.co.uk

#2 User is offline   pestaa 

• past Yii dev member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for reporting this. We haven't managed to notice PM/e-mail spam on this site so far, but if it continues to bother you, we will definitely investigate.

#3 User is offline   Derek 

• Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

Me too, Same sender, and also 'emeliababy4ulove@yahoo.com' I just signed up for a Yahoo email account, but the email came in through the Yii forum using my GMail account.

View Postagentshark, on 25 September 2009 - 07:35 AM, said:

Has anyone got a personal message from divina4ulove2@yahoo.co.uk? Looks like spam or a phishing attempt.

It reads:
Hello ,
sorry for interrupting you as i don't know how you will feel if i tell that i am been attracted by your profile here on this (www.yiiframework.com) site and i will like you to be my very good friend,but i am sorry that i have not upload my picture here because i will not like to be disturb by someone who i don't know and i promise to give you my picture as soon as you contact privately on my email address which is........ divina4ulove2@yahoo.co.uk

#4 User is offline   GoofyX 

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

Same here. Just received the notification.
... Morpheus: What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you 're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain...

#5 User is offline   isreal 

• Pip
  • Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

i received from promisemelove1@yahoo.co.uk
this

promisemelove1@yahoo.co.uk
Hello ,
sorry for interrupting you as i don't know how you will feel if i tell that i am been attracted by your profile here on this (/www.yiiframework.com) site and i will like you to be my very good friend,but i am sorry that i have not upload my picture here because i will not like to be disturb by someone who i don't know and i promise to give you my picture as soon as you contact privately on my email address which is........
promisemelove1@yahoo.co.uk

#6 User is offline   qiang 

• Yii Project Lead
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

Sorry all. I already banned the first user who sent the spam email.
Next time if this happens again, could you send me the username who spams? "promisemelove1@yahoo.co.uk" is not a valid username or registered email. Thanks.

#7 User is offline   kanjar 

• Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

promisemelove1@yahoo.co.uk is pro http://www.yiiframew.../user/2540-pro/

#8 User is offline   isreal 

• Pip
  • Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

the guy sent me the email is pro
http://www.yiiframew.../user/2540-pro/

cheers

#9 User is offline   GoofyX 

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Actually, my message says:

Hello.
Dearest one, i came accross your profile on this dating site.I came here to look for my soulmate, my name is emelia i am single young lady ,dear is very interesting to tell you about myself , as I haven t seen you ever before. Meanwhile Age Or Distance Colour Religion has absolutely nothing with well relationship! . friendly soul to mine. I .I will be very glad.
please reply me through this email address(emeliababy4ulove@yahoo.com) for more about me
My photo will attach to you.
I will be waiting!

It's from user emy. It seems to me that there's a wave of spammers for IPB. It's not and will not be the first time.
... Morpheus: What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you 're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain...

#10 User is offline   luisjo 

• Yii

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

I just received this notification:

Hello.
Dearest one, i came accross your profile on this dating site.I came here to look for my soulmate, my name is emelia i am single young lady ,dear is very interesting to tell you about myself , as I haven t seen you ever before. Meanwhile Age Or Distance Colour Religion has absolutely nothing with well relationship! . friendly soul to mine. I .I will be very glad.
please reply me through this email address(emeliababy4ulove@yahoo.com) for more about me
I will be waiting!
emelia

The user name is emyy

#11 User is offline   ps47r 

• Pip
  • Yii

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

same here

propro sent you a new conversation

Subject: (emeliababy4ulove@yahoo.com)
Replies: 0
Sent: Today, 02:22 PM

#12 User is offline   Raoul 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Same here (http://www.yiiframew...er/2544-propro/)

Hello.
I will be waiting!
emelia

#13 User is offline   pestaa 

• past Yii dev member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

There is a "Report member" button in profile view, it might speed up eliminating suspicious accounts.

Thank you all for your co-operation, I appreciate.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users