Propouse To Improve User Feedback

Hello people!

I’m kind of new on Yii but I already figured out quickly how to use it. Of course questions always arise when developing. Usually when I search on google links lead me to yiiframework forum. In my opinion (please don’t get offended) forums are a thing to the past, no matter how many options they have the way they manage information is very chaotic. The same goes for every post and its replies, usually the one who has a good grade of effectiveness it’s far deep in the next pages, not to mention all the replies saying “i have the same problem”, “me too”, etc, etc.

So, the forum covers too many subjects and its interaction (in this case a written answer) can not keep up with the real needs for information.

My first idea comes in the way of Question and Answer service as pointed out in this post yiiframework[dot]com/forum/index.php/topic/23580-yiianswerscom and as stackoverflow[dot]com show us a great example of this, Q&A services are quite useful when coding, finding small code snippets, checking different solution perspectives, asking newbie questions :P, and the list goes on and on… you have the idea, saves a lot of time and frustrations. So it would be great if yiianswers[dot]com can join to yiiframework[dot]com as a subdomain (like answers[dot]yiiframework[dot]com) to boost its position on the search engines, make people aware, improve its usage and taking advantage of a proposal that is already online.

The second idea comes from a user feedback services, like userresponse[dot]com or uservoice[dot]com, in particular their feature voting system, since adding features is a defacto part of web development, having people bring ideas or suggestion and let others vote for them improves its functionality and visibility of good ideas and most important reduce redundancy and post like "I think is a great idea", "Excellent", "yeah" which is the only way to support an idea in a written-only environment, making the post bigger and bigger.

There is probably more ideas around there but the general idea is to give people the ability to contribute with solutions both at learning and developing using the appropriate tools.

What I really mean is, it’s year 2013 (some call it the future) and we are still using forums to handle all user feedback?

peace

I agree that there is noise when people post “I have the same problem.” The forum could use a voting system to up vote or down vote questions and answers to reduce that type of noise. There are other things that can be done, and it seems like you have been thinking about it. It sounds like you found your first Yii project. :)