inSided delivers community solutions related to (Social) CRM environments and works for large Enterprise organisations. No boring static CMS or applications but very dynamic and innovative concepts in a fast growing, internationally focused and challenging social-media market. We like to experiment with new technology and are continuously looking for new challenges. Companies like Philips, T-Mobile, Tele2, Volkswagen, Eneco, Rabobank, SNS Bank and many more use our community platform. Our headquarter is located in the centre of Amsterdam. We are growing fast but we are keeping up the informal and challenging atmosphere. We combine that with the flexibility towards our customers while keeping away form the 9-to-5 mentalities and enjoying a party now and then. We are also known for hosting several tech-meetups among which the Amazon Web Services meetup and the ElasticSearch meetup.
To continuously improve our SaaS platform in a flexible way we use Scrum in combination with agile technology; AWS for our architecture, Git for our version control and Yii as our PHP MVC framework are just some examples. By using our REST API (which we use to build our applications), Twig template engine, Embed widgets and SSO options we can make sure our customers and partners are able to build on our platform and connect it to existing systems and websites. We use ElasticSearch, which receives millions of new documents on daily basis, and our developers are working wonders with it. By using Logstash (in combination with Kibana) we know what is going on within our systems every second of the day.
What we need
You have at least 5 years of experience working in an agile environment creating highly interactive and data-intensive web-applications. You have hands-on experience with PHP MVC frameworks. Hands-on experience with other tech-stacks (Ruby, Python, etc.) would be a bonus. You don’t just XAMP (oh hell no!) or LAMP but know how to setup a proper environment that is optimized to perfection. Not only do we expect our senior developers to be technically skilled but they should also have (some) experience with Scrum or any other agile development method.
Everyone within inSided has a voice in the improvements of our processes, products and services. That means you too! We expect everyone to talk, think and work with other departments within the company. It makes things clearer, better, faster and results in a better product in the end.
As a senior back-end developer you work on our SaaS community platform that reaches millions of visitors each month from the largest Enterprise organisations and companies. You don’t just work with the technology of our platform but are also working together with our partners and (new) customers to ensure that our platform fits their needs during an implementation, new releases, etc. We have adopted the “you build it, you run it” principle which means that the devs are responsible for the entire life-cycle of our products regarding deploys, architecture, scalability and more. You will work closely with the Product Management team and other departments in the company.
- Our back-end developer should have the following (hands-on) experience:
- PHP5 MVC frameworks (e.g. Yii, Zend, Symphony, etc.)
- Wide interest in general regarding web development, architecture
- Experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, Git and LESS, Backbone.js is a bonus
- Active in open-source/meetup community is a bonus
- Team player with good communication skills
- You have a valid EU work permit (if applicable)
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Budget for books, conferences and training
- Challenging job: you place your mark on our SaaS platform
- A very dynamic environment: inSided is growing and you grow with us
- A place to learn, experiment, discover and grow yourself
- Work with/for the largest enterprise companies and organisations
- A very cool office in the centre of Amsterdam (8 minute walk from A’dam CS)
- Friday afternoon drinks and loads of inSided parties/events
The person we are looking for is self-reliant and works very structured. You like to work in a fast moving company and experience all the ins and outs. This is a fulltime position (40 hours per week) based at our Amsterdam headquarters.
If you want to get in touch please contact Wouter Neyndorff via e-mail (wouter [at] insided.nl) or telephone (020 4279597). Please also send your motivation, example code and resume.