Yii Dashboard Bug Discussion

Hi,

Please use this thread for bugs related to http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/yii-dashboard/.

Thanks,

Matt

Good job!

But why should $this->adminMenu be in controller instead of view. I can’t make it work once in view.

Can you have a look at it?

It’s just my personal preference to manage the menus from the controller. I’ve found that admin menus regularly require some business rules (or permissions) applied to them and makes sense, for me, to do that in the controller.

You can access the menu via $this->adminMenu but I’ve implemented it using clips so if you want to edit it look under /admin/views/layouts/clips/_admin_clip.php[i]

[/i]

You can also rip out the inner contents of _admin_clip [size="2"]and paste it in layout2. This will restore it to the default way Yii implements menus. [/size]

[size="2"]Matt[/size]

Hi, guys,

Im new to Yii. I’ve downloaded your yii-dashboard and set it as demanded. Everything works fine, however I dont know how to set existing bootstrap gii (\protected\modules\admin\library\bootstrap\gii). Is it possible to use this gii tmp or should I use yii-bootstrap ext?

Thanks.

Thanks, I can see how it works now!

when i go to /admin in my production site :

include(AdminBootstrap.php) [<a href=‘function.include’>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The yii config and all its the same as my development enviorment.

Im using yii bootstrap 2.03

any ideas ?

Currently I have installed admin module on my local machine, when I went to access site yee.lan/admin/ it gives 404 error , when I use yee.lan/index.php/admin/ it gives 'Unable to resolve the request “admin” '.

Could you explain me how to route module access to yee.lan/admin/ ?

K - this is a 2 step process

• [size="2"]Make sure your urlManager is configured to hide the script name[/size]

'urlManager' => array(

'urlFormat' => 'path',

'rules' => array(

'<controller:\w+>/<id:\d+>' => '<controller>/view',

'<controller:\w+>/<action:\w+>/<id:\d+>' => '<controller>/<action>',

'<controller:\w+>/<action:\w+>' => '<controller>/<action>'

),

'showScriptName' => false, // important

'caseSensitive' => true,

),

[size="2"]

• [size="2"]You need an .htaccess file in the web root to tell the server to use the hidden index.php file[/size]

[/size]

RewriteEngine on

# if a directory or a file exists, use it directly

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# otherwise forward it to index.php

RewriteRule . index.php

Hope this helps,

Matt

Hi Matt!

It seams to be something useful, but I can’t see at least some documentation to figure out how to configure this module. Only demo and screenshot. I’ve downloaded the archive, connected the module in config.php and now I see the Dashboard via the /admin uri.

And what than? Can you please tell how to make some crud here? Or it’s the goal of the module to only give a layout to admin-user?

When I found this module I was searching something like SonataAdminBundle but for Yii. Has this module the similar functions? If no, may be there is some modules like SonataAdminBundle for Yii?

[size=2]

Hi,

This is only a layout for an admin dashboard. It’s just meant to save a few hours and I usually throw it into a project and then customize it and write my own CRUD controllers.

Hi Matt, I have set up the module but every time I try to access /admin, it gives me a CException error: Alias "bootstrap.widgets.TbMenu" is invalid. Make sure it points to an existing PHP file and the file is readable.

If I comment out the line of code in _admin_clip.php, it just gives me the same CException error for the next Alias bootstrap: Alias "bootstrap.widgets.TbNavbar" is invalid. Make sure it points to an existing PHP file and the file is readable.

I’ve spent the past 3 hours trying to figure it out to no avail. :( Any ideas where the alias is having issues or where I should check to fix the problem? This is the first time I’ve used a module and I’m very new to Yii, but I’ve been able to figure out everything else. I have a feeling it’s someplace in the config/main.php file.

Never mind… I figured it out. I had to update the AdminBootstrap Yii::import link and the extended class to TbApi since I am using yiistrap and not yii-bootstrap.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I’m getting pagination url like this: /admin/user/test/admin%2Fuser%2Ftest//Profiles_page/2

the module, controller and action is repeated, this is happening to all pagination under yii dashboard

Not sure what that is, sounds like a URL Manager config issue or your htaccess file needs some tweaking. Checkout these threads.

There is a code at the AdminModule

Yii::setPathOfAlias('bootstrap', 'protected/modules/admin/library/bootstrap');

and with this alias yii can’t use bootstrap widgets so I just updated it with

Yii::setPathOfAlias('bootstrap', Yii::getPathOfAlias('admin') . '/library/bootstrap');

and now it’s working but maybe there is better solution for this and you could update you module code.