}

div.yiiForm div.span div,

div.yiiForm div.span label

{

float: none;

margin-left: 0;

display: block;

}

I would suggest not to limit width of ‘.yiiForm’.

And a third class ‘span’ would be nice, this changes the form field back from column style display into one “below the other”.

Best regards,

schmunk

The auto-width doesn’t limit the width of the form, it basically means it won’t fill up the whole screen (or, to be more precise, the parent container).

And I believe you can easily overwrite CSS rules with the !important key. So

div.yiiForm div.span div,

div.yiiForm div.span label

{

display: inline-block !important;

}

in your page might do the trick you’re looking for.

Hi pestaa,

thanks for your reply. Lets me think into another direction.

The previous post was meant only as a proposal, I stumbled upon a few CSS problems while integrating different modules into my app.

What I wanna say is: There are no guidelines concerning module user-interfaces :o

;D

Please consider writing some style & interface guidelines for modules.

It will give the extension repository a huge boost, because modules from different sources would look much better together.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,

schmunk

PS:

Could you also help me here?

To give a little bit more brief information …

I am currently including srbac extension in my app.

This exentsion has its own css class which modifies div.yiiForm and adds a new class div.srbac to the css file.

The former, because it hasn’t enough space, that’s the reason for my first post. And the latter, because it need a large .yiiForm.

If every module does it this way, it would be a real pain to get a consisent user-interface, which is very imporant in my opinion.

I think there should be a set of yiiCSS classes which modules should use in a preferred way.

See Apple Human Interface Design Guidelines, hey we don’t need it that large :lol:

Second, all modules should use a configurable path for all style files, otherwise they are not themeable.

Or am I missing something completely here, what’s the yii-way of themeing modules?

Best regards,

schmunk

Yes, the CSS styles included in the skeleton webapp are by no means to be standard. Since I am not a CSS expert, I hope some CSS gurus can help to propose a preferred way of using CSS in Yii applications.

I would like to help here, or give at least some input.

Who is responsible for CSS and styles in the core team? I wanna contact him/her.

You may contact me. ;)