Yii Workflow

I have application like forum, registered users can post questions to this forum, and registered users can reply to any questions. The states of question are – Open- post a question

Active- Get a reply for posted question

Closed-

if any user posted answer to a particular question, send a mail to the user who posted that question.

Is it possible to use the workflow in this case?

Hi Yii123,

I have published a small extension that handles workflow managment with Yii and I confirm it could be user for such case.

That being said, if it is not more complex that what you describe here, maybe implemeting it from scratch could be more simple and efficient. Again this depends on the number of status (here 5) and transitions between status (here … I don’t know).

You could have a look to the documentation to know more about this extension.

Hope this helps

ciao

B)

Thanks for rply. I tried those two links but can’t understand much more. In this case how create workflow? In the controller action, how set status for a post? How send mail using this workflow?

Thanks.

Hi Yii123,

unfortunatly, if you read the documentation and still have these doubts about how tu use the extension, it may be quite difficult for me to explain more. Look, what you can do is to download the sample blog application that is a modification of the Yii blog sample app, modified to use the simpleWorkflow extension.

Download it from here and look at the code : it contains everything to strat with the extension.

Hope this helps

ciao

B)