Yii Framework Forum: Openid With Steam - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Openid With Steam How can I use loid to log in via Valve's OpenID? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   McFly 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I would like to set up the ability to log in using the LOID extension (sorry, first post so I can't link to it) in conjunction with Valve's OpenID. This is what their development documentation says:

Steam OpenID Provider

Steam can act as an OpenID provider. This allows your application to authenticate a user's SteamID without requiring them to enter their Steam username or password on your site (which would be a violation of the API Terms of Use.) Just download an OpenID library for your language and platform of choice and use steamcommunity.com/openid as the provider. The returned Claimed ID will contain the user's 64-bit SteamID.

From what I understand, LOID has the user input their username/password on my site and then communicates with Valve. Correct? Instead, I want to have a button that redirects to their page, they sign in and Valve redirects back - returning the information stated above. Is this possible with LOID (or another extension)?

#2 User is offline   waterloomatt 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

No, LOID redirects the user to the provider (Steam) and then the user enters their credentials.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users