Yii Framework Forum: Serve Views, Widgets Etc From 3Rd Party Library? - Yii Framework Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serve Views, Widgets Etc From 3Rd Party Library? Possible to serve majority of controllers, models etc from 3rd party? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Daniel Croona 

  • Newbie
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hi!

At my company we are trying to implement our own CMS as a vendor in the Yii framework, and everything has been working good so far.

We would like to have as much of the views, controllers, widgets and models as possible served from the library / vendor, and then have only the site/client - specific stuff in the yii-site directory structure.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Is that possible at all?

Kind regards
Daniel
0

#2 User is offline   rootbear 

  • Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 17-June 11

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

not quite understand, is that just an cms module? why bother vendor at all, do i miss anything?
I enjoy the Yii.sy coding life here.
0

#3 User is offline   Daniel Croona 

  • Newbie
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postrootbear, on 08 February 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

not quite understand, is that just an cms module? why bother vendor at all, do i miss anything?


Well, basically our CMS has a "framework" of its own with models for all kinds of content that can be managed through the CMS. It also has a lot of templates for presentation, and we would like to use all of them as views or widgets, with an option to have all the yii sites utilizing our framework have just the site-specific templates served from it's own directory structure.

Do I express myself clearer by adding that information?
0

#4 User is offline   rootbear 

  • Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 17-June 11

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

just my 2 cents, i noticed that someone doing this way:

you can have another 'framework' in vendor/lib as is and you build your whole stuff in the form of module and extend all your 'vendor/framework' without worry about vendor's framework upgrade etc. and at the same time you have your flexiblity to do what ever in term of controllers, views in your CMS module.

is this an option?
I enjoy the Yii.sy coding life here.
0

#5 User is offline   Daniel Croona 

  • Newbie
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Postrootbear, on 08 February 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

just my 2 cents, i noticed that someone doing this way:

you can have another 'framework' in vendor/lib as is and you build your whole stuff in the form of module and extend all your 'vendor/framework' without worry about vendor's framework upgrade etc. and at the same time you have your flexiblity to do what ever in term of controllers, views in your CMS module.

is this an option?


It might be. If Modules can have their own controllers, views etc, would that also solve the main issue with letting the client have a few unique views in their own directory tree that "overrides" the files from the vendor module?
1

#6 User is offline   rootbear 

  • Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 17-June 11

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

basically my understanding is that module is a application inside an application, it basically self-contains all aspects of regular app as top level. so views, controllers, components you name it, with php OOP we can override anything from the vendor
I enjoy the Yii.sy coding life here.
0

#7 User is offline   Daniel Croona 

  • Newbie
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

View Postrootbear, on 09 February 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

basically my understanding is that module is a application inside an application, it basically self-contains all aspects of regular app as top level. so views, controllers, components you name it, with php OOP we can override anything from the vendor


Yeah, modules really seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I will dig deeper into that to find the best way around it. Really appreciate the help rootbear!
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users