- If you are familiar with New Relic (performance monitor for RoR), you have already seen a very convenient user interface.
- I want to show as useful information to administrators as possible to help them identify and remove bottlenecks.
- I want it to run in production mode so the data represents a real usage pattern.
- RPM (request/minute) is calculated whenever possible.
- Controller actions are measured one-by-one in order to recognize the slowest ones.
- Capability to exclude admin controllers (not all administrator pageviews).
- Put queries into performance order so the most intensive can be identified, thus simplified.
I thought it would be a good idea not to start until Yii 1.1 gets released, so we can keep maintainability costs down. But we can gather ideas here.
For now, I think it should be able to measure and compare controller actions and sql queries, calculate RPMs and suggest fixes for bottlenecks (through numbers of course).
What do you think? Would you like to join?