Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yii Less Chris83's less extension Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JustinV 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I have been using Chris83's less extension for a few months now and while setting up a new test website downloaded the extension. It appears as though it has been completely rewritten. Previously, the extension seemed simple enough--a path to your less file, and whether or not to force that file to compile. This would generate a css file and it worked great.

With the new version of the extension, there are more options that I can't seem to figure out. For example:
'files'=>array(
  'less/styles.less'=>'css/styles.less',
),

What is the purpose of each of these values? If the first file is my less file that I compiled, what is the second file? Also, I'm curious about the available options:
'options'=>array( // compiler options
  'env'=>'production', // compiler environment, either production or development
  'async'=>false, // load imports asynchronous?
  'fileAsync'=>false, // load imports asynchronous when in a page under a file protocol
  'poll'=>1000, // when in watch mode, time in ms between polls
  'dumpLineNumbers'=>'mediaQuery', // enables debugging, set to comments, mediaQuery or all
  'watch'=>true, // enable watch mode?
),

Changing "env" does not appear to change anything (although my site does load a little faster wen set to production). I can see the comments but they don't do much to help--I was hoping someone had a little more detail about what each does. I've checked the less website but it didn't help much either.

I am currently using this with Chris83's bootstrap extension while developing a website so I'm hoping to find a way to use this once in production as well (like the previous version where I could just set forceCompile to false and go on with my day). Also, I'm unable to use the node.js server side compiler since I'm on a shared account.

Thank you for your help!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users