Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Use The Sample Code

#1 User is offline   xmvyii 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ok so, I've purchased Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook, and read chapter 1. I downloaded the sample code.
How can i actually RUN the sample code? I have WAMP running on my laptop, and I successfully am running , and playing around with , localhost/yii-demos/blog/ ...
But, so how do i use the chapter 1 example code? I am really stumped.

#2 User is offline   Luke Wenke 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

View Postxmvyii, on 31 December 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

Ok so, I've purchased Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook, and read chapter 1. I downloaded the sample code.
How can i actually RUN the sample code? I have WAMP running on my laptop, and I successfully am running , and playing around with , localhost/yii-demos/blog/ ...
But, so how do i use the chapter 1 example code? I am really stumped.

It seems like it only gets you to create an actual application in chapter 2 where it says:

Create a fresh Yii application using yiic webapp as described in the official guide (http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/) and find your protected/config/main.php.

I'm using XAMPP and put the Yii framework in htdocs/yii (BTW to access it you can go to localhost/yii if Apache is running)

Using the command prompt I did:

cd c:\xampp\htdocs\yii\framework

yiic webapp c:\xampp\htdocs\yii\testname

BTW you need the path to php in the environmental variables in the advanced windows system properties...

For PATH:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;[..more...];c:\xampp\php\

BTW when I pasted in code from Kindle for Windows into Notepad++ I had to do a find and replace for some of the space characters... (they had an ascii value of 160 instead of 32)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users