Yii And Service Oriented Architecture

Hi,

I am evaluating the an architecture for a web application. The app is dealing with invoice, payment, approval, and integrating to Quickbooks.

Is this a good idea to use Service Oriented Architecture on top of Yii Framework?

please google “Service Oriented Architecture wiki”. Yii Forum doesn’t allow me to embed link in this post.

The idea is to use back-end(yii) to send JSON encoded data to front-end only, and use jQuery and HTML at front-end to display all the data. Does it conflict the MVC architecture that Yii is using? If not, how do I implement the view file?

I found this 2-year old post: Please search "service oriented application with yii"

but the answer is still not clear to me.

Please help! Thank you very much!

• Nick

Enjoy:

https://github.com/clevertech/YiiBackboneBoilerplate

:)

"You may be thinking that Yii is too powerful to be used just as a RESTful service. That for this purpose it could be done with NodeJS or any of the other libraries available, but it is the power of Yii and for the sake of application scalability that we decided to use it."

I still couldn’t understand how does MVC work together with Restful Web Service. Can you help me explain?

Thanks!

"Backbone is an incredibly small library for the amount of functionality and structure it gives you. It is essentially MVC for the client and allows you to make your code modular. "

Backbone.js is a MVC and Yii is also a MVC. How do these two MVCs work together?

That’s really Google questions, don’t you think?

Just forget about the buzz words and take a look at the code I linked to. ;)