Yii Framework Forum: Extension For Crud For More Than One Tables. - Yii Framework Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Extension For Crud For More Than One Tables. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hameedhamdani 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 20-October 12
  • Location:Islambad,Pakistan

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hi everone,
Is there any extension in yii that help in CRUD operation for more than one table.?

plz inform if any exist.
thanks
0

#2 User is offline   Boaz 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 367
  • Joined: 23-January 11

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

What you need sounds very general to me. Can you provide more details? Yii's ActiveRecord implementation makes juggling with objects very easy, including 'related' objects.
Therapeutic PHP sessions My LinkedIn Profile
0

#3 User is offline   hameedhamdani 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 20-October 12
  • Location:Islambad,Pakistan

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

View PostBoaz, on 22 November 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

What you need sounds very general to me. Can you provide more details? Yii's ActiveRecord implementation makes juggling with objects very easy, including 'related' objects.

@Boaz, Sir actually i wan to display-fetch-search data using multiple models/table .but this have to done with great effort.But as concerned yii.it is code generator for CRUD.so what the way we use any extensions for ActiveRecords.so this method of CRUD for multiple table/models would become easy.thanks
0

#4 User is offline   Boaz 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 367
  • Joined: 23-January 11

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

View Posthameed, on 23 November 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

@Boaz, Sir actually i wan to display-fetch-search data using multiple models/table .but this have to done with great effort.But as concerned yii.it is code generator for CRUD.so what the way we use any extensions for ActiveRecords.so this method of CRUD for multiple table/models would become easy.thanks


Apologize but I'm not sure I'm understanding what you need/want.
I think you take a look at the documentation page on working with related objects. Maybe that would help.
Therapeutic PHP sessions My LinkedIn Profile
0

#5 User is offline   hameedhamdani 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 20-October 12
  • Location:Islambad,Pakistan

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostBoaz, on 23 November 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Apologize but I'm not sure I'm understanding what you need/want.
I think you take a look at the documentation page on working with related objects. Maybe that would help.

thanks for considering.
actually very simply i want to retrieve data from related multiple tables.
0

#6 User is offline   Boaz 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 367
  • Joined: 23-January 11

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

View Posthameed, on 23 November 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

thanks for considering.
actually very simply i want to retrieve data from related multiple tables.


That's sounds better :)
Simply read the resource I linked (Relational Active Record). I also strongly recommend reading the entire 'guide' (the page I linked is in the guide itself).
Therapeutic PHP sessions My LinkedIn Profile
0

#7 User is offline   hameedhamdani 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 20-October 12
  • Location:Islambad,Pakistan

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostBoaz, on 23 November 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

That's sounds better :)
Simply read the resource I linked (Relational Active Record). I also strongly recommend reading the entire 'guide' (the page I linked is in the guide itself).



Thanks,actually i already read this.but there are a lot of problems each time occur when i user relations among models.so in my point of view it is not perfect coding providing by yii. For example if we want to retrieve data from only two tables we have to create relations,change the ar model,change the search() method ,change the gridview...i mean a lot of coding have to be done.
but same process if we do in simple php.we can customize as per our choice easily.but question is that what is the best benefit of yii regarding Relational Active Record.?
thanks
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users