Yii Framework Forum: Best Method For Two Way Password Encryption - Yii Framework Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Method For Two Way Password Encryption Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hameedhamdani 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 20-October 12
  • Location:Islambad,Pakistan

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

HI ENVERYONE,

ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO USER TWO WAY ENCRYPTION FOR PASSWORD IN YII.MD5 USE ONLY ONE WAY ENCRYPTION.HASH ALSO SAME WAY.

SO WHAT SHOULD USED TO SAVE ENCRYPTED/HASHED PASSWORD AND VIEW IN PLAIN FORMATION AND UPDATE IN CRYPTION/HASHED FORMAT.

PLZ HELP????????????
0

#2 User is offline   guaruja 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 10-March 12

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Posthameed, on 17 November 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

HI ENVERYONE,

ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO USER TWO WAY ENCRYPTION FOR PASSWORD IN YII.MD5 USE ONLY ONE WAY ENCRYPTION.HASH ALSO SAME WAY.



I really think you have a wrong definition (or imagination) on this topic and this has nothing to do with Yii.


View Posthameed, on 17 November 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

SO WHAT SHOULD USED TO SAVE ENCRYPTED/HASHED PASSWORD AND VIEW IN PLAIN FORMATION AND UPDATE IN CRYPTION/HASHED FORMAT.


It is simple: You can not. This is the purpose of 1-way mathematical(!) functions that provide a one-way street to hash passwords (and other things). You can not revert this process (unless you are a hacker with spare time and rainbow tables ;) )

btw: caps-lock might be stuck on your keyboard...
0

#3 User is offline   CodeButterfly 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 51
  • Joined: 30-August 12

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

See this stackoverflow question: Best way to use PHP to encrypt and decrypt?
0

#4 User is offline   Boaz 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 367
  • Joined: 23-January 11

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

I recommend you do your homework carefully and when and if you decide on hashing your passwords, as the first answer in the mentioned stackoverflow suggests, I recommend going with phpass extension. Be sure to read the comments of that extension as well (in the link given).
Therapeutic PHP sessions My LinkedIn Profile
0

#5 User is offline   hameedhamdani 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 20-October 12
  • Location:Islambad,Pakistan

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostBoaz, on 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I recommend you do your homework carefully and when and if you decide on hashing your passwords, as the first answer in the mentioned stackoverflow suggests, I recommend going with phpass extension. Be sure to read the comments of that extension as well (in the link given).


thanks toooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhh.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users