• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gii With Yiibooster Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Abdullah Shaikh 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

I am new to Yii framework, infact new to php. I have downloaded YiiBoilerplate (clevertech-YiiBoilerplate-abe2511)and followed the instructions mentioned on yiiboilerplate-setup-a-professional-project-structure-in-seconds/ page.

I want to access Gii but I am not sure how do I do that ? I am trying to use MYSYSTEM/pm1/backend/www/index.php?r=gii url but it wont work.

Without YiiBoilerplate I was able to access Gii using MYSYSTEM/pm1/index?r=gii

Please let me know how do I access Gii when using YiiBoilerplate or point to tutorial if any configuration is required.

Since this is my first post I am not allowed to post links so replaced the initial localhost url with MYSYSTEM

Thanks

#2 User is offline   yugene 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Hi Abdullah,

Welcome to forum.
If you're new to php and yii I'd advise to start with default yii installation and to study tutorials - this approach will simplify your start.
As for your exact question - as I can see you're trying to reach gii from your backend section. Can you reach your backend? At which URL? It most probably should look like
MYSYSTEM/pm1/backend/index.php, without www part.

Please check also gii is configured in your config file (it should be relavant backend config file).

Have you read this wiki article ? Especially check comment #9444 to it, it may be useful.

#3 User is offline   Abdullah Shaikh 

• Yii

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi Yugene, thanks for the reply. You are correct I think I should go with default structure for now and yes Gii works with that :)

Hmm yes I am able to reach backend, url is MYSYSTEM/pm1/backend/www/index.php (not without www).

Yes gii is configured. Anyways I am going with default installation for now.

Thanks

View Postyugene, on 13 November 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Hi Abdullah,

Welcome to forum.
If you're new to php and yii I'd advise to start with default yii installation and to study tutorials - this approach will simplify your start.
As for your exact question - as I can see you're trying to reach gii from your backend section. Can you reach your backend? At which URL? It most probably should look like
MYSYSTEM/pm1/backend/index.php, without www part.

Please check also gii is configured in your config file (it should be relavant backend config file).

Have you read this wiki article ? Especially check comment #9444 to it, it may be useful.

#4 User is offline   Jimako 

• Yii

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostAbdullah Shaikh, on 12 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Hi,

I am new to Yii framework, infact new to php. I have downloaded YiiBoilerplate (clevertech-YiiBoilerplate-abe2511)and followed the instructions mentioned on yiiboilerplate-setup-a-professional-project-structure-in-seconds/ page.

I want to access Gii but I am not sure how do I do that ? I am trying to use MYSYSTEM/pm1/backend/www/index.php?r=gii url but it wont work.

Without YiiBoilerplate I was able to access Gii using MYSYSTEM/pm1/index?r=gii

Please let me know how do I access Gii when using YiiBoilerplate or point to tutorial if any configuration is required.

Since this is my first post I am not allowed to post links so replaced the initial localhost url with MYSYSTEM

Thanks

Hi, I am at beginning in YiiBoilerplate and I had the same problem. This worked:

localhost/YiiBoilerplate/backend/www/gii/

+ to allow gii in backend/config/main.php

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users