Need documentation how to started YII from PRADO Programmer

Dear Qiang,

We as developer PRADO need more information or how to use YII because some programmer at PRADO does not understand quickly to learning YII so can give example more or more documentation how to migration from PRADO to YII.

Please read the guide. Having experience with Prado will indeed make you understand more quickly about Yii.

I use Prado as well and have been struggling through.  But, what I'm finding is just what Qiang recommends… the documentation.  Yii is different than Prado in the way it uses the controller/action combos, etc.  Definitely different than Prado, but once you get the hang of it, it starts to make sense.  Also, follow through what the CRUD is doing and it starts to come together. 

The templating is definitely different and uses basic php tags instead of the Prado template system.  I read somewhere out here that the Prado templating can be used, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Even though the documentation is quite good, it's reference material rather than a step by step tutorial therefore more difficult to get a feel for the flow.  I believe Qiang is working on the tutorial so that should definitely help.

Overall, from what I've seen so far… Yii is great!  I still get confused with it, but every day is becoming easier. 

R

The templating is definitely different and uses basic php tags instead of the Prado template system.  I read somewhere out here that the Prado templating can be used, but I wouldn't know where to

http://www.yiiframew…de/topics.prado