• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wait For Yii 2.0, Or Not Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   priits 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Hello
I'm new at Yii. I have a very big project, and i will rebuild the hole system, a lot of new features etc. I have research frameworks and i made my decision - Yii is the coolest thing i have ever seen. Top 1 reason is performance :) I have developed 8 years with my own system - and i feel it's time to change everything...

But there is a good question...
Project development time is around 8 months. I have zero knowledge about yii. And my question is: Is there any point to wait for Yii 2 and put all my forces to groundwork, or should i start firing now with Yii 1.1 :) When Yii 2 is coming, i do no want to develop again and again.

Sorry@spelling mistakes :)

#2 User is offline   broker 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

I guess Yii 2 need 6 months for production release and also you will need time to learn, there are lots of details. I'm in same situation too. I have five e-commerce sites, I want to rewrite them with Yii. I decide to start Yii 1 and whene Yii 2 is ready, then go on Yii 2. Development never ends. Besided, you are new to Yii, even if Yii 2 is ready you will need ask or search lots of things but there will be no suffient resource or knowledge for Yii 2.
Posted Image

#3 User is online   samdark 

• Having fun
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

It's better to start with current stable Yii 1.1. Especially for production projects.
Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook

Enjoying Yii? Star us at github: 1.1 and 2.0.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users