CDbCriteria and RAR aliasToken

I have a situation where I need to be able to order on a joined column. I have two tables, Customer and CustomerType. Customer Type holds very little information, but I would like to present the type name in a table listing Customers rather than the id, and for that column to be optionally sortable.

<?php

class Customer extends CActiveRecord

{

public $id;

public $customerTypeId;

public $name;

public $email;

public function tableName()

{

return "customer";

}

public function relations()

{

return array("customerType" => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'CustomerType', 'customerTypeId', 'aliasToken'=>'type')); 

}

public static function model($className=__CLASS__)

{

return parent::model($className);

}                         

}

class CustomerType extends CActiveRecord

{

public $id;

public $customerType;

public $isAwesome;

public function tableName()

{

return "customertype";

}

public static function model($className=__CLASS__)

{

return parent::model($className);

}                         

}

?>

With the above AR definitions, I then try to use the following to retrieve the list:

<?php

$criteria = new CDbCriteria;

//$criteria->select = "id, name, type.customerType";

$criteria->order = "type.customerType";

$data = Customer::model()->with("customerType")->findAll($criteria);

?>

But it doesn't work. I get the following error:

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'type.customerType' in 'order clause'

The following query shows up in the mysql query log:

SELECT `customer`.`id` AS t0_c0, `customer`.`customerTypeId` AS t0_c1, `customer`.`name` AS t0_c2, `customer`.`email` AS t0_c3, t1.`id` AS t1_c0, t1.`customerType` AS t1_c1, t1.`isAwesome` AS t1_c2 FROM `customer`  LEFT OUTER JOIN `customertype` t1 ON `customer`.`customerTypeId`=t1.`id` ORDER BY type.customerType

Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to accomplish without having to declare the order clause against the relation in the model?

I also want to be able to limit the columns selected as well, but uncommenting the 'select' line in the criteria above yields this error instead:

Active record "BookingReferenceRecord" is trying to select an invalid column "source.booking_reference_source". Note, the column must exist in the table or be an exp​ression with alias.

The error seems to suggest I should be able to use the alias to do the selecting, but in practise it doesn't work.

Could you please create a ticket for this? Thanks.

Had the same issue a while back, what worked for me is not to prefix CustomerType with 'type.' This will work only with BELONS_TO and HAS_ONE and unique column name.

Should work because RAR will include the with() relation in one query.

Issue created here: http://code.google.c…es/detail?id=65

I tried your suggestion Maxximus, but I couldn't get it to work for me. I think the problem is because the column alias is "t1_c1", rather than "customerType".

hmm bummer. i have had the suggestion earlier to use ??. as prefix, but think will give same results. Are you running Yii 1.0 or SVN? (here SVN version). There has been some changes in the alias method recently, perhaps that can be a work-around for now (issue 57).