Yii Framework Forum: Installation and Setup of Yii Framework (for: not wamp or xampp is installed) - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation and Setup of Yii Framework (for: not wamp or xampp is installed) Yii Framework for manually installed server. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jhoiemarie 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hi all. I'm new to Yii Framework and I would like to know how can I Install the framework to my webserver? Unlike most of the tutorials, I don't have wampp server or xampp server installed on my unit. What i have is the manual installation for PHP, Apache, MySQL. Where do i unzip the archived files? Inside the 'www' folder? that's what i named folder, where i usually save my php projects.
thanks. any help will be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   JCS 

• Pip
  • Yii

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

yes you are right, follow those tutorials and change the routes for the ones you already have, if you installed PHP+Apache+MySQL correctly then there should not be any problem

#3 User is offline   jhoiemarie 

• Yii

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostJCS, on 01 August 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

yes you are right, follow those tutorials and change the routes for the ones you already have, if you installed PHP+Apache+MySQL correctly then there should not be any problem

thanks for the reply. i was able to successfully installed Yii in my unit. Although I am not so sure about what to do with the system variables. I mean the tutorial was good, but it did not say exactly what to do with it. Do I need to edit configurations in the system, inside yii folder, what?

#4 User is offline   alirz23 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Hi Jhoiemarie

if you setup system variable then you will able to access the yiic command from anywhere on you system you can do that by going

My Computer > Properties > Advanced Settings > Environment Variables

look for path under System Variables

move you cursor right at the end of the line and type ;c:\your\www\dir\yii\yiic;

dont forget the semicolons

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users