Company issuing limited license on YII Framework

I was about to buy some software from a company who has built their software based on YII Framework (they say so in their promotions of the software)

I was about to purchase it , but their license agreement terms have given me pause.

When a company builds on the YII Framework and their software is completely tied into it (software can’t work at all unless it runs on the yii framework), is it okay for them to claim the following ?

*********** software and our additional add-on modules, all its source code and all files are original works exclusively owned by ********** and subject to laws and international copyright treaties, plus other intellectual property laws and treaties.

Subject to the terms of this Agreement, *********** hereby grants you a non-exclusive, limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-assignable license. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, re-sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of ***********.

Yes it is… Yii is free but what someone builds with it can be "restricted"…

Thanks

But I noticed they also have added in GPL licensed modules…

Well, it’s OK to produce commercial software using Yii and sell it. The only limitation is promoting software with somthing like “it’s build on Yii so it’s secure” (can’t be true unless developer cares about security). If Yii name is used, we’d like to check what software is it and probably adjust such statements a bit in case quality of the software isn’t good enough.