Yii form submit on nginx is taking forever!

Hey,

I just wanted to see if anyone has had similar issues and could point me towards a solutions. Basically, we’re running Yii on an nginx server. General navigation around the site is quick, and form submits with no data are quick. However, if we submit a form with any data in it, it is often delayed up to five seconds. I did some logging and discovered that it actually takes 5 seconds before it even hits the controller, so something is happening in the core framework.

I saw an article about Yii using 302 redirects on form submits when on nginx, but this doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Any advice? Any would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Thomas

i saw this thread and wanted to share my experience with php and when submitting a request also takes 5 second!

it’s kind of proxy with php where reformat request takes place and when i submit a simple form takes exactly 5 seconds, it takes me quite a time but eventually figured out.

when redirect the request using ?a=1&b=2&c=3&, it WAS the last & which causes the 5 seconds! once take the last & out, thing starts to fly.

I don’t have the environment (nginx) to play around, hoping my experience might give you a hint.

Hey, thanks for the reply and advice. I’m going to take a look and see if something like this is happening, although this is a straight up form submit, so I don’t think any &'s are getting appended to the end of the call.

Thanks, I’ll post back if I figure anything out!

-Thomas

Hey, unfortunately its a post request, and there aren’t any get params being sent along with the request in the url.

-Thomas

my gut told me something related to rewrite, you may want to take out nginx rewrites rule step by step and test it out

Thanks. I’m going to run some tests and get our server guy involved to see if we can work anything our with the rewrite rules.

-Thomas