What version should i use? 1.1 or 1.0.x for new project?

Hi all,

I just want to get suggestion what version i better use?

1.1 or 1.0.x for new project?

I saw there are some improvements for AR join query and unit test in 1.1 .

I am afraid if i start new project with 1.0.x i will get a lot of compatibility problem if i upgrade to 1.1, so if 1.1 is stable enough for most basic things, i prefer to start with 1.1 release.

What is the main difference will be on 1.1 compared to 1.0.x?

Thanks

There may be some big changes made to 1.1 still I believe and they may not be backward compatible with the current version of 1.1

If your being paid, i'd use 1.0

If it's for fun/hobby or whatever, I might go with 1.1

What is the main difference will be on 1.1 compared to 1.0.x?

You can find the documentation which refers to the difference at the google code and I put it on the net as it is written in a markdown format.

Thanks for the inputs and replies.

I think i will use 1.1 because this is not paid project for now.

Btw I have tried the Johan enhanced blog using 1.1a, it throwed error when i clicked show blog post.

As Jonah said, if you are working on a serious project, please use 1.0.

We expect to release the first stable 1.1 version in around December 2009.

Btw I have tried the Johan enhanced blog using 1.1a, it throwed error when i clicked show blog post.

Do you mean mine?

If so, you can run it according to the modification described there.

you can run it according to the modification described there.

It may be not enough. Comparing an old blog demo and new one shows other differences. Then I should apply this patch to the yii-blogdemo-enhanced, but is it described the document?

For mocapapa:

Ya sorry, I mean your enhanced blog, not Jonah's. It is good, I have tried it and it worked well for 1.0,

Ok thanks qiang. So still long time to wait 1.1 ;D

Btw for now I only see 1 committed developer, why there is no other developer there? I think weizhuo is not active anymore.

Because no one join yet? Or because you still not yet open application for new developer to join?