Advice regarding new booking application

Hello,

My name is Robert and I thought I would introduce myself as I am a new member and have a couple of questions.

I have been building websites for around 10 years now are so, mainly CMS based such as Wordpress, Drupal and Magento.

I have good knoweldge of PHP but I don’t have much experience with Frameworks or OOP in PHP. I have been tasked with building an event booking system

and I know that I can do this in a CMS however I think building this as standalone system is a better solution.

My question is I am unsure weather a Framework is the correct route to go down or would it be better to create this from scratch?

I have done a lot of research into frameworks and it has directed me to YII, especially the recommendations by Larry Ullman.

If anyone has any advice that would be great.

Thanks

Robert

I think you should listen to Larry Ullman. Stick with Yii. If you have difficulties post on the forum and someone will help.

I’m in a similar situation to you only I have now been using Yii for about a month. I recommend the Agile Web Application Development with Yii 1.1 and PHP5 book, there are many errors in both English and php but the forum has you very well covered in finding the problems.