Yii and WordPress Trick

I have been looking for a way to combine WordPress with the application flexibility of Yii. There are several reasons why I needed this and here is a list of what I was trying to accomplish this:

[list=1]

[*]I am revamping a website that is full of static information that needs to be changed from time to time depending on the needs.

[*]New sections of the website are mostly static information with links to more information that again does not need to be dynamic (like a blog).

[*]However, there are some unique little widgets that I need to display that is in our database that I need to display on part of a webpage. Dynamic data on an otherwise static page.

[/list]

I thought of making my own Yii CMS system, but I thought "why reinvent the wheel?" Doing some research, I discovered a nifty little method to make this work. This is how I made this work:

[list=1]

[*]I downloaded and installed the WordPress software as per instructions given by the WordPress people.

[*]I then installed a plugin called "Yii Bridge"

[*]Download and extract the Yii framework into the WordPress root folder, with all the sub folders and rename it "yii".

[*]Download and extract the Yii framework into the WordPress root folder, with all the sub folders and rename it "yii".

[*]Create a new Yii website using the gii tool in the root folder of the webserver.

[*]Create a sub folder into the root folder of "yii" that is in the WordPress folder and label it "working"(or whatever you like).

[*]Drag and drop that website into the "working" folder that you just created.

[*]In the WordPress control panel, create a new page with the code:

[yii app_path=working/websiteName]

[*]Preview the page.

[/list]

These websites in the yii/working folder should act like widgets added to the pages that you create through wordpress, which is the current way that I am using them. There maybe more uses, but this suits my purpose as of right now.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the share, just fond that 3 and 4 steps are duplicated.

Does this work if your Yii app has multiple controllers/pages? If I have a page mywordpress.com/yiiapp/ with this shortcode on it, will my yiiapp route all actions under this page. Would the result be mywordpress.com/yiiapp/index.php?r=site/action1, mywordpress.com/yiiapp/index.php?r=listing/product/1/detail?