Directive PHP 6

Hi everyone …

I am a new user in YII FRAMEWORK and am using to mount

AppServ 2.6.0

• [indent]Apache 2.2.8

• PHP 6.0.0-dev

• MySQL 6.0.4-alpha

• phpMyAdmin-2.10.3[/indent]

When creating a new project with the statement "yiic webapp demo" console says the following warning:

[b]PHP Warning: Directive ‘register_globals’ is no longer supported in PHP 6 and greater in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Directive ‘register_long_arrays’ is no longer supported in PHP 6 and greater in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Directive ‘magic_quotes_gpc’ is no longer supported in PHP 6 and greater in Unknown on line 0[/b]

My question is if I have to configure the server to support these parameters and thus avoid problems later

PS: These are parameters of security and server optimization

Thanks before hand

I think the only thing here to say is you shouldn’t use Yii with a PHP version that is not supported. PHP 6.0 is a dev version and as such it is not included in the requirements of PHP 5.1.0 or higher.

Why are you using a dev version?

Use PHP 5.3.x or 5.4.x

Wow. Pre-alpha-grade PHP and MySQL. But ancient phpMyAdmin and Apache. How does that play together? :lol:

I guess he’s got one of these ancient PHP6 books :)

To be fair, MySQL is alpha!

Yes, point taken. MySQL 6.0 is in alpha. I still find this hilarious ;D

Btw… all those messages you got are about PHP directives… if you don’t know what they do, it would be good to study them a bit for current PHP versions…

Maybe you have to know that PHP6 is dead , the development was stopped .

So use the last php 5.3 or 5.4 version and last stable MySQL , avoid using alpha or dev version while using frameworks , use them only for you own experimentations.