Yii Framework Forum: Make mail comment/update after starring an article optional - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make mail comment/update after starring an article optional Make mail update after starring an article optional on Yii Site Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bravoman 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hi there,

I have been using the Yii Framework site for a while now. I especially like to follow the RSS feed with new topics, extensions and Wiki articles. To keep my favorites clean I like to star article's on the website. Unfortunately I get updates on my e-mail for every change and/or comment that is posted on all my starred items. This functionality is understandable but I think it would be very nice if you could turn of automatic update mail from starred items. (I'm thinking about a checkbox underneath the starred items list.) This way I can still find all the items I like at a default (and trusted) place, while not constantly being bothered by all the updates on the starred items articles (on my email account). Believe me I know where to find this site ;)

I'd like hear your thoughts on this... Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Maurizio Domba Cerin 

• Yii - Yesss It Is !!!
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

The starring feature was introduced just for that - getting updates and changes on e-mail.
Find more about me.... btw. Do you know your WAN IP?

#3 User is offline   Bravoman 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Still it would be welcome feature if you ask me... Though understandably not one with any priority whatsoever ;)

But ok, I guess I'll have to look for an other solution for now. Thanks anyway!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users