Required field not check

I have this terms and conditions checkbox and it’s a required field. I don’t know what happened but it works before and now it just doesn’t. I have looked all over but can not find anything that is wrong. I really appreciate if you can help. Thank you.

Can you post your code?

[html]<div class="row">

&lt;?php echo &#036;form-&gt;checkBox(&#036;model,'terms'); ?&gt; 

&lt;?php echo &#036;form-&gt;labelEx(&#036;model,'terms'); ?&gt;

&lt;?php echo &#036;form-&gt;error(&#036;model,'terms'); ?&gt;

&lt;/div&gt;[/html]

public $terms;

public function rules()

{

return array(

array('terms', 'required', 'message'=>"You must accept the terms and conditions of the XXX to continue."),

);

}

1. Why have you added this line "public $terms;"?

2. When you say “it works before and now it just doesn’t”, what do you mean exactly?

Ok I guess “terms” isn’t an attribute in your db, you have it just to validate the form, right?

Try with:

array('terms', 'compare', 'compareValue'=>'1', 'message'=>'You must accept the terms and conditions of the XXX to continue.'),

The public $terms; is need because it’s a property inside a class that inherited from the CFormModel. Without it, the code will fail. This is standard and nothing new.

It works before but someone modified something and now it doesn’t. I don’t know exactly what they modified and I cannot find anything that indicates what they have changed.

This suggestion works great. Thank you. I waste some much time using the required check.