CDbCriteria Query Manipulation

So, I’ve extended CGridView to include an Advanced Search feature tailored to the needs of my organization.

Filter - lets you show/hide columns in the table, and you can also reorder columns by dragging the little drag icon to the left of each item.

Sort - Allows for the selection of multiple columns, specify Ascending or Descending.

Search - Select your column and insert search parameters. Operators tailored to data type of selected column.

Version 1 works, albeit slowly. Basically, I had my hands in the inner workings of CGridView, where I snatch the results from the DataProvider and do the searching and sorting in PHP before rendering the table contents.

Now writing Version 2, where I aim to focus on clever CDbCriteria creation, allowing MySQL to do the heavy lifting so it will run quicker. The implementation is trivial when dealing with a single database table. The difficulty arises when I’m dealing with 2 or more tables… For example, if the user intends to search on a field that is a STAT relation, I need that relation to be present in my query.

Here’s the question. How do I assure that Yii includes all with relations in my query so that I include comparisons? I’ve included all my relations with my criteria in the model’s search function and I’ve tried CDbCriteria’s together set to true …

public function search() {

$criteria=new CDbCriteria;

$criteria->compare('id', $this->id);

$criteria->compare( ...

$criteria->with = array('relation0','relation1','relation3');

$criteria->together = true;

return new CActiveDataProvider(

get_class($this), array(

'criteria'=>$criteria,

'pagination' => array('pageSize' => 50)

));}

But I still get errors like this…

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: 

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 't.relation3' in 'where clause'. 

The SQL statement executed was: 

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT `t`.`id`) FROM `table` `t` 

LEFT OUTER JOIN `relation_table` `relation0` ON (`t`.`id`=`relation0`.`id`) 

LEFT OUTER JOIN `relation_table` `relation1` ON (`t`.`id`=`relation1`.`id`) 

WHERE (`t`.`relation3` < 1234567890)

Where relation0 and relation1 are BELONGS_TO relations, but any STAT relations are missing. Furthermore, why is the query a SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ‘t’.‘id’) ?

Here’s the specific relation I’m working with now. startTime is my hypothetical relation3, included with the with but does not show up in the query.

'startTime' => array(self::STAT, 'CallSegments', 'call_id',

'select' => 'min(`start_time`)'),