Strange Problem When Uploaded to Server

Hi

I’ve just hit a strange problem and was wondering if any of you guys have seen it before. I’ve only been working with yii for couple of days and already have my first admin area set up with it so I’m really pumped and can definitely see yii benefiting my current project.

So after I’d coded everything and tested it thoroughly on my local machine I uploaded it to the server. I’ had a test app on there just to make sure the paths where configured etc. Framework is outside of the webroot but I’d set up permissions via SSH and everything. The demo/test app worked just great :)

When I uploaded my app the login page loaded just fine so again yii was working correctly. But as soon as I logged in with valid credentials of a valid user I saw this error message.

include(ModuleUrlManager.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

So I tried to figure out what the issue was. Commented out url manager, deleted .htaccess, looked over the index.php and main.php config file for issues but couldn’t see anything.

Then I had an idea to take the main.php back from the server and put it on my local machine where the app had been working just fine and BOOM!..it stopped working too with exactly the same error.

I thought maybe I’d corrupted the file somehow so changed it with a completely new main.php but same error.

Been working on this for hours now and it’s pretty frustrating because I was really hoping to unveil it to my business partner today :(

I’m thinking it’s path related but I’ve been over them a few times and it looks right on both server and local. Just tested another yii demo app in a different folder and it is still working fine. Weird!

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks

Steve

UPDATE

As a temporary fix I commented out the line that calls the class and it’s working fine now but I’d like to find the correct solution is possible.

//'onBeginRequest' => array('ModuleUrlManager', 'collectRules'),

It means that the application cannot find the file ModuleUrlManager and it tires to initiate it when a request starts. Basically you need to place that file (making sure it exists) under protected/components (if you use the basic directory structure) then making sure in config/main.php you import ‘application.components.*’

Thanks Vince.

That makes sense but what is strange is that one installation on my local machine that’s using exactly the same framework can find it while the other one can’t. The one that can’t could right up until the point that I replaced it’s main.php with the one from the server.

Steve

UPDATE: I looked in the components folder on the faulty install and the file was indeed missing. I just added it and now it’s all fine :D Thanks Vince!