Can I install Yii in XAMPP?

Will be any problems if I install it in XAMPP?

Any documentation for XAMPP and Yii?

I am just a newbie.

it will work in xamp and in wamp

as long as it meets requirement

however, i am having good results in wamp

http://www.wampserver.com

yiihaw!!

Yes you can easily use Yii in XAMPP. I'm using it too. It is very simple. All you have to downlad the Yii framework and put it under htdocs. Then follow the blog tutorial on creating the webapp from it.

Will be any problems if I install it in XAMPP?

Any documentation for XAMPP and Yii?

I am just a newbie.

I am using too xampplite with Yii without any problem.

You can surely use Yii with XAMPP on windows. I also use XAMPP for Yii and it is an easy way to get going.

May i know where can i get the memcached and apc extension for php that supported in xampp?

I used the one that i install manually, it’s working in the manual installation but not in xampp… It stated compilation version is different…

Please advise…

Kenny.

Kenny,

Is there any pecl executable in PHP directory? It is the so-called official way to install extensions. See http://pecl.php.net for more information.

Come on guys lets use the full stack LAMP instead of some packaged version…

For testing purpose XAMPP is a friendly solution

The most recent versions of xampp includes PHP 5.3 and PECL does not have a separate site for the Windows binaries yet.

The current version of xampp is compiled with Microsoft Visual C compiler version 6 (VC6 or 2006 in the filename depending on who compiled it) as a thread safe version. There is also a non-thread safe version also compiled with VC6 that should not be used or errors will be displayed. There is a version of the php_memcache.dll that works at:

http://downloads.php.net/pierre/

You also need to download and install memcached and install it as a Windows service.

The VC6 thread safe version of php_apc.dll on this site does not appear to work with versions of PHP 5.3 compiled with VC6. If anyone knows the location of a version that does work, I would appreciate knowing about it.

Hi there,

i heard of the yii framefork from a friend and tried it out today, i’m having a few problems.

i downloaded the latest framework and copied it to my xampp htdocs directory.

when i follow the readme instuctions i get this error:

firstly i opened up cmd from start menu then i went to my framework directory.

c:\xampp\htdocs\yii\framework>

once there i ran the command

c:\xampp\htdocs\yii\framework>yiic webapp …\testdrive

and then i got this error:

‘php.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

is there any steps that i missed?

PC info:

windows 7

XAMPP 1.7.3

PHP Version 5.3.1

i got it right after reading a few more posts. i read http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/cookbook/3/ and it helped.

thanks all

Hello

you edit the yiic.bat file located in framework folder

//this line

if "%PHP_COMMAND%" == "" set PHP_COMMAND=php.exe

//replace with

if "%PHP_COMMAND%" == "" set PHP_COMMAND=C:\xampp\php\php.exe

If you dont like edit any file, try this:

1. Put yiiframework folder in xampp folder (or xampp/htdocs, as you like).

2. type cmd and execute "cd C:\xampp\htdocs"

3. execute simply "path_for_php.exe path_for_yiic.php webapp path_for_new_webapp (in this case is implicit htdocs by to the previous command)

C:\xampp\php\php.exe C:\xampp\yii\framework\yiic.php webapp testdrive (name of your new folder in htdocs)

1. done :)

A more convenient solution would be to add the path to php.exe to your Windows %PATH% variable.

: WinKey+Break => Advanced => Environment Variables => System Variables => (append ;path/to/php.exe to PATH)

yes, it works…

i only edit path in system varibles by adding C:\xampp\php at the end… ::)

INSTALL YII DI WINDOW 7

ekstrak yii.x.x.x di C:\xampp

rename yii.x.x.x menjadi yii saja

buka cmd : masuk k folder C:\xampp\php

tab sehingga menjadi C:\xampp\php\php.exe

lalu tambahkan sehingga menjadi C:\xampp\php\php.exe C:\xampp\yii\framework\yiic webapp test

kalau ada pertanyaan create folder test? ketik yes.

selesai… :D

you edit the yiic.bat file located in framework folder

//this line

if "%PHP_COMMAND%" == "" set PHP_COMMAND=php.exe

//replace with

if "%PHP_COMMAND%" == "" set PHP_COMMAND=C:\xampp\php\php.exe