Override defaults for yiiactiveform handlers

I’ve a Yii project which is working near perfectly for me, but I’d like to be able to change one particular behaviour to 1 of 2 things, 1 when the form is in an invalid state, run through the validation for the entire form, not just that one place or 2 any time anything changes (on any ‘onChange’ event), run through the full validation.

I’d prefer the first one, as in if I put an invalid entry into textbox1, if there’s an invalid one in textbox2, that should now show up as invalid too. By the same token, if textbox1 has an invalid state, but I make a change to textbox2, again, I’d like the full validation to occur. There’s a few reasons for this, but the main one is that I’ve a scenario where the form is invalid if 2 of the inputs are the same, in this example textbox1 and textbox2.

I’ve tried figuring out exactly what’s going on by reading a good bit of the documentation and stepping through the code in a debugger, but I just can’t seem to get my head around it. I basically want to just mimic what happens when I already press ‘submit’, but there seems to be so much voodoo going on that I can’t figure how to do that, nor where to put it so it’ll get fired when I want.

Thanks for any and all help or suggestions that are given :)

With all the help I got in my previous thread (http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/29334-gii-crud-for-table-with-foreign-key-relationships/), I’m nearly where I want to be, but that was a general question, which I think has gone as far as it maybe should and this is a specific enough question to deserve it’s own thread. If I’m wrong, please merge with that thread.