500 Internal Server Error

I use a shared host, and on that shared host i have multiple websites. Each website is located in its own folder. I have it set up so each website uses the same yii framework on the root. The problem is i get the 500 internal server error when i navigate to a page other than the home page. Now if a place a website in the root instead of a folder of its own everything works fine. Also i noticed if i remove the .htaccess file, while a website is in its own folder i can navigate to other pages, but some the yii extensions that i installed stop working because they require some rewriting.

I got a similar problem some time ago. I solved it by adding the following line to .htaccess:

RewriteBase /

If it won’t help you, then check server error log.

Awesome!!! That was it. I was actually looking into RewriteBase but didnt know how to use it. Thanks!

I just had this problem too and found “RewriteBase /” to work. However I’m not quiet sure what caused this. It ran a few days fine without the RewriteBase. Also why does this give a 500 error? Shouldn’t it be a 404 or something, since the path can’t be written and thus the requested file not found? Haven’t found really much background on the apache docs either.

Great.Thank so much, I also solve my problem!

in which .htaccess directory should

RewriteBase /

be written?

I have my root folder in wich I create a folder ‘basic’ which is the project. I put in .htaccess of basic/web :

Options +FollowSymLinks

IndexIgnore */*

RewriteEngine on

# if a directory or a file exists, use it directly

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# otherwise forward it to index.php

RewriteRule . index.php

when I try to access my.domain.com/basic/web I got the error "500 Internal Server Error". I tried to put in the .htaccess of web still getting the same error.